Kitsuné Trip Mode and The Highbury Eden Hat by Jerry Bouthier
September is back to school, back to work and for Kitsuné time to welcome back Jerry Bouthier !
‘Kitsuné Trip Mode.’ is an exclusive compilation inspired by the escapists’ moods of the catwalk.
The compilation will be premiering on NET-A-PORTER.COM, the world’s premier online luxury fashion retailer, on 8th September 2014.
The dj/producer behind the acclaimed Kitsuné BoomBox, Ponystep and Soleil series (the latter in partnership with co-founder Gildas) makes a leap forward by introducing a gorgeous, dreamlike slant to dj mixes.
Music director of Vivienne Westwood’s labels for five years and collaborator of numerous designers such as Matthew Williamson, Sibling, Peter Jensen or Kokon To Zai, Jerry’s honed a new craft by conceiving the soundtracks of the London, Paris and Milan catwalk shows of some of the most innovative talents in fashion.
Blurring the lines between forward-thinking electronic music, indie grit and celestial soundtracks, ‘Kitsuné Trip Mode’ sprinkles whimsical and enchanted phantasies over intricate beats and haunting vocals, dipping deep into cinematic landscapes, fairy tale-like moods and ecstatic melodies, an evocative, almost psychedelic, excursion that’s both gentle and off-kilter.
“In an often harsh world I find it is one of music’s duties to offer a safe haven where feel good feelings can lift you up and take you places,” said Jerry Bouthier. “I often think of the fashion shows’ soundtracks I work on as aural movies to let yourself go in and travel in the mind. As a result, for me, ‘Kitsuné Trip Mode’ is the perfect mix to groove and chill to with your loved one(s).”
Take a step in this whimsical world with the Trip’s mimimix:
On the occasion of this release, Maison Kitsuné produces in exclusivity « The Highbury Eden », the iconic hat imagined by Jerry Bouthier with Bernstock & Speirs.
Inspired by a 1937’s design that the British Prime Minister, Anthony Eden, made very popular, Jerry asked the milliner to confectionate his hat with a higher shell for a more excessive effect.
The Highbury Eden (designed by Jerry Bouthier with Bernstock & Spiers)
Credits: Nik Hartley
Available in light grey, beige, green, black, navy and pink.
Out September 8th!
Join us at Kitsuné Trip Mode’s Release Party in Paris on September 13th here!
- Lyla Foy – Left To Wonder (Turtle Rework)
- Fuck Art, Let’s Dance! – We’re Manicals! (Deo & Z-Man Dub Remix)
- Nimmo And The Gauntletts – Others (Logo Remix)
- Nimmo And The Gaunteletts – Others (Wild Beasts Remix)
- Roosevelt – Montreal
- Danglo – Forget You
- Jam & Spoon – Find Me (Sally Shapiro Dub)
- JBAG – Through Blue (feat. Kamp!)
- Pyramid – Lunar Ghosts
- Citizens ! – Lighten Up (Cesare Remix)
- Maco Akoda – Gentle Song (Yoshiyuki Ota Remix)
- Laszlo Dancehall – Plimton (George FitzGerald Remix)
- Snakadaktal – The Sun II (Just Kiddin Remix)
- Village – The Touch (Henry Saiz Remix)
- Second Date – Della
- Night Drive – Sea Of Light (Kulkid Remix)
- Rubberlips – The Traveller (Plastique De Rêve Remix)
- Visage – Hidden Sign (Kim & Buran Disco Version)
- Morgan Visconti – Can’t Say Goodbye (Ghosting Season Remix)
- Shinichi Osawa – Breaking Through The Night (Eggo Remix)
- Kisses – Up All Night
- Hussein Sherbini – Liana
Enjoy now the Mix’s first part and the minimix below: